Saturday, October 5, 2013

No Opt Out

“I personally will fight forever, whatever it takes, however long it takes, to prevent my children and your children, and our posterity, from taking those steps into darkness. We will persevere. We will get an Article V convention, and we will restrain the federal government.” -Mark Meckler

I get asked all the time why I expend so much effort and energy in this area...friends, I believe that as a Christian, I have no choice to "opt out".  Doesn't matter if some think it’s futile...the Christian does not have a "get out of engaging" card.

I guess in a sense I am captive to my study of American History.  On November 11th, 1620, a small group of "Separatists" from England penned these words into the Mayflower compact: "Having undertaken for the Glory of God and Advancement of the Christian Faith".

Those words in my opinion set off a "chain of human events" that birthed a nation founded in liberty for the express purpose of the Gospel Dispensation.

Listen to these words by John Quincy Adams on the 4th of July, 1837: "Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer’s mission upon the earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity, and gave to the world the first irrevocable pledge of the fulfillment of the prophecies, announced directly from Heaven at the birth of the Savior and predicted by the greatest of the Hebrew prophets six hundred years before?"

Christian brothers and sisters...realize what God has given to you for a purpose...your liberty! I don't fight so hard and give up so much effort simply because I want to be political...I do it because God has ordained these principles of Self Government here in our nation for a purpose...to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Get up and get engaged in some way to return our nation to its foundations for the glory of Almighty God!

No comments:

Post a Comment